1. Memorial Day is a day of remembrance but it also signifies the “Official” start of summer. What are your plans this weekend?
It will start on Thursday when the Hubbies best friend makes his annual trek to the north for the weekend. Sunday will be the first of 3 Parades for the weekend, then Monday will be 2 parades and our annual Meat-a-Palooza celebration (and yes this is the Official Name for our Memorial Day party).
2. What is your most and least favorite thing about summer?
Most favorite is spending time poolside/outside with friends, least favorite is still having to work everyday, and bugs.
3. What do you think of when I say “Bar-B-Que?”
Meat, Meat and more Meat. Fire up the smoker and the grill.
4. What is your favorite summer food?
Well I have to start with the spread we put out for Meat-a-Palooza. Smoked Brisket, Pulled Pork, Smoked Beans, and the Quinoa Salad and Coleslaw that I make. Next would be home made Ice Cream Sandwiches.
5. Are you is swim suit shape yet?
Is anyone *EVER really in swimsuit shape. I am happy with my body and will be seen in my swimsuit as much as possible. Although the pool is in our back yard I’m not really sure who will see me.
6. Given the choice, which do you prefer: ocean, lake or pool?
Pool, then Lake – specifically our friends lake house in NY. The ocean is usually only an option when on a cruise, I don’t swim in Long Island Sound.
7. Which summer blockbuster movie are you most looking forward to seeing?
Eh, I can give or take any of them, there isn’t really a must see movie on my list.
8. Summer reading: What? Recommendations?
Well I do have 2 books I purchased back in February that I haven’t started yet that came highly recommended – The Something Like Series by Jay Bell (Summer, Winter, Autumn, Spring).
9. Vacation Plans? If you can’t, what would you do if you could?
So far the summer travel plans are shaping up nicely, Long weekend in June with the Drum Corps, Grapehounds Wine Tour weekend in July, and hopefully a Cruise in August.
10. Did you ever have to go to summer school?
Not ever, unless you count Drivers Ed which I took in the Summer prior to my Senior year of High School.
Sex on the beach? The Drink Yes! The act Not so much – too much sand.